Today our sweet baby boy is turning one. I really can't believe it. I know this is sound old to you, but man...time really flies! I'm a mom of a one year old now, I keep saying that in my head and still can't believe it. We got Lucas a little birthday cake today. It was a good practice for him for his big cake at his birthday party on Saturday (I can't wait to see everybody there).


Oh plus..I got to tell you this funny story. Okay, so we did the webcam, so that my family in Indonesia can sing happy birthday to him together with me and Titus here. So there they were, my mom and dad, my sisters and even my aunt. We got the cake out, Lucas was sitting on his high chair facing the webcam and Titus lit the candle on the birthday cake. I was busy putting Lucas' birthday hat on him and didn't pay attention that he started grabbing the candle. So, we ended up with a very minor burn on his hand, IN FRONT OF MY WHOLE FAMILY!!! I don't know if you ever read my story about my mom who always critisized my parenting skill. YEAH...just imagine that I got my son's hand burned in front of her! And this will make the biggest hit on my mom's list of my awful parenting method. Anyway....not only I have to calm Lucas up and listened to my mom yapping at me in a very high tone voice and she yapped so fast that I couldn't even understand what in the world she was saying, AND my dear husband escaped into the kitchen and never came back! He couldn't even face my mom. Not only that, he was actually LAUGHING AT ME so hard that I can hear him against my mom screams.
Anyway 10 min later, we got the situation under control and redo the cake thing all over again (without the candle, of course) and everybody sing happy birthday. Lucas actually eat quite a bit of his cake. We had to take it away from him before he got sick. And of course he had to throw a huge fit about it but thank goodness, this time Titus actually came to help. He gave Lucas a cracker and that calmed him down. Oi....talking about first birthday huh?
Despite our little incident tonight, I'm still glad that my family could "celebrate" Lucas first birthday with us.
Happy Birthday sweet boy! Mommy and daddy were really enjoying this first year with you and looking forward for many years to come. We love you Lucas!
P.S. Mama, if you read this...don't worry! I still love you! You're the greatest mom ever !! :)

3 comments:
Happy birthday lucas. Untuk mamanya... ati ati yah jangan kebakar lagi tangan anaknya hehehe....
Speaking of mothers, yes they always critisize our parenting skill, so you are not alone :)
HAHAHAHA.....
happy b'day lucas...(komenk gw denger "kisah"nya dr mama, dia crita berapi-api..tapi ngga apa2 kok, dia happy bgt dr wajahnya sambil cerita kalo lucas lahap bgt makan kuenya trus ngambek waktu kuenya diambil....(ugghhh jd pgn buru2 ketemu nih...)...
ngga cuma kalian loh kita juga ngga sabar liat dia tambah gede trus pgn tau kenakalan apalagi yg bakal bikin kita semua ketawa...
(Lucas bener2 bikin kita semua happy) Love him so much...
Sebagai saksi mata yang ada di tempat kejadian. gw aja lebih gemetar mendengar teriakan mama dibanding liat tangan lucas kebakar. gempa bumi.. tapi si krucil pun berteriak lebih keras lg dibanding opungnya hahaha.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRUCIL!
Post a Comment