Today is Lucas first day at the daycare. I got his diaper bag ready and his outfit picked out two days before he went. I know...I became one of those crazy mom! Anyway, he did pretty good except that he only took 9 oz out of 30 oz total premixed formula that I took to the daycare. Yup...it was a MAJOR waste of formula!! Ms. Ella said that maybe Lucas just a little overwhelmed with everything...new place and bunch of strangers.
On the other hand, mommy didn't do so well. I managed not to cry on the way to work until I got a phone call from the day care around noon! It's only half day and a phone call already?!? Well, Ms. Ella just wanted to give me an update and she was concerned about Lucas refusing to take his bottle. It's noon and he only took total 3 oz of his formula!! I'm not sure what happened but right after I hang up the phone I started crying for agood 5 min. YES....I finally shed some tears!
The good thing is the daycare has an online camera in every classrooms that only parents can log in from any computer. The bad part is, I ended up spent most of my day at work watching Lucas and I only got probably 1 hr worth of work done all day!
4 comments:
The first day (or week) is always so hard...it will get better. I like to tell myself that daycare makes them more resilient. How great that you can peek in on him whenever you think about it!
What's with the pre-mix formula rule? They don't have time to add water and shake? I'd be complaining... but what's new!?
PS> Day care seems to be good for their social skills. Aub LOVES it- she even asks to go on weekends. Don't feel bad!
Hello,
I ran across your blog doing a google search on "daycare formula"- the daycare I will be taking my son to wants me to premix formula but I'm worried about what to do! My commute is 40 minutes and it'll be bad by then, right? What do you do?
Thanks!
-Christy
Post a Comment