Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Prayer request

Lucas has been sick since Monday. His temperature was 102 on Monday night. On Tuesday his fever went up to 103 and he had a fever seizure that morning at his doctor office. They run some tests on his blood, urine, and he had chest XRay. All the test results came back normal. But on Tusday night his temperature went up and he had another fever seizure (his second one in a day!). So, Titus and my in-laws took him to Children's ER. And they ran some test to check his kidney and to check if he has strep throat. The tests came back normal. Titus took him back to see his doctor the next day to check his ears and again everything is fine. So basically they have no idea why he has such a high fever. Finally doctor suggested to do CAT Scan and she said that it will take a while to set up one. We're still waiting for the doctor to call us back on that. And as of tonight Lucas still running a fever. I don't know if you all know that I'm in Atlanta for a week for a conference. I won't be back till Friday. And I'm dying to go home to be with Lucas right now. So, I'm asking all of you to say a little prayer for Lucas and hopefully nothing major that caused his fever.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I'll pray! I know its hard that you're away. I'll pray for you too!

Genius said...

I am so sorry girl. I remember leaving Karsen at 2 years old to go see Paul before he shipped off to Iraq. While I was on the way to Texas, K was diagnosed with Strep and the Flu and I wanted to turn the bus around. I know it's a horrible feeling being so far away...we'll pray very hard that he gets better soon.

Madster said...

Hi Mel,

Will pray! Don't worry too much (although it is hard), if the test result came out normal, this might not be something bad. It might just be a fever.

I hope Lucas will be well soon!

Heather said...

oh sweet girl. I have been praying for the whole Campbell family today and Lucas. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this long distant. Remember who is in control and know that you need to let God take your worry. I love you friend!