Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Thankful!

This year thanksgiving is very special for me. Not only it's 60 something degree outside, it's the first thanksgiving that I celebrated as a mom. I'm so thankful for my little monkey who actually peed on me THREE times today while I changed his diaper, but that's okay...I got to show off to everybody all these cute little outfits that I bought for him to wear today because I couldn't make up my mind to pick one of them at the mall and now I ended up using all of them, oh well. My little monkey who makes my life complete (well..your daddy almost did but you bit him up pretty good!). I'm thankful for your silly faces, your screams, your absolutely cutest smile, only taking the most expensive formula (cause the cheaper formula just don't taste good enough for you???), the never ending diaper rash, being the skinniest baby that makes your ompung think that I didn't feed you enough and the waking up in the middle of the night and screaming because your paci fell out of your mouth. Thank you for being the perfect son I could ever ask for!
And to my husband who prepared most of the meal today (your sweet potatos souffle was awesome!) and that big bird...my goodness! You ROCK! Thank you for being you. I know I'm not the perfect wife (and you're not the perfect husband neither) but together we're perfect! (sappy...I know but I don't care). oh..and also thank you for crawling into the attic and got our Christmas tree down even after I told you that I won't put the Christmas tree up this year.
And to my in-laws, the sweetest people that I ever met. You guys have been such a big help for me and the whole family. Thank you for all the love and kindness and patience that you have given me. Again, I know I'm not the perfect daughter in-law (I actually watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade on TV all day while my mother in-law cooked and clean the kitchen) and yet you still treating me like your own daughter. Thank you for the love and care that you have given to my little monkey (he is totally turning into grandma's boy). I thank God everyday for having you two as my "mom and dad".
To my family in Indonesia (although neither one of you have seen Lucas since he was born, specially my mom who can't make up her mind to come here to spend her precious time with her precious only one grandchild!), thank you all for supporting most of my decisions even sometimes I made bad decisions. I miss you all SO BAD that always make me want to cry every time I think about it. I pray one of this days we can be together again ("together" meaning living in the same city or country or continent, not in the same house!). And to my sisters, thank you for being not only the best sisters I could ever ask for but also the best friends I could ever have (major sappy!). And I really hope that all of you will meet my little monkey one day.
Despite all the bad things that happened this year (the extra 7 lbs that I could never get rid of since I have Lucas, the stomach virus, the thrush, the strep throat, and another stomach virus), I feel so BLESSED for having these people in my life!

1 comments:

Heather said...

First of all, I am so proud of you for typing all that! Secondly, what about your brother? And your friend Heather, your best shopping buddy?