Friday, October 17, 2008

9 month old





So here we are...3 months before Lucas' 1st birthday! Lucas got his 9 mth check up today. Here the stats:

Weight : 15 lbs 14 oz (BELOW 5th percentile)
Height : 27.5 inches (25th percentile)
Head : 17 3/4 inches (50th percentile)

Because his weight is below 5th percentile, we have to come back in 6 weeks to weigh again. His doctor said he seems healthy but we need to keep on eye on his weight since he went down on percentile. At this point, I don't know what else I can do to make him gain weight. Man...I wish I had that problem.

As far as personality, Lucas is starting to show his "little boy" personality! He likes to pull on everything, crawls every where, he even tried to climb lately. He still has no teeth and his hair started to get longer. He learned how to clap and wave his hand and say hi to people. He still like holding his own bottle. The only thing is...he's been rough at school with other kids. Okay, this is what happened last week... On Wednesday, he push one of the little boys in his classroom tried to get his paci from that little boy, on Thursday he hit another little boy's on the head, on Friday he slapped a little girl until she fell. Since then, Titus said every time he drop Lucas off his teacher always made a comment "okay Lucas...let see what you gonna do today". Is it time for spanking?? Does anybody has the number for Nanny 911 show...looks like we have a good candidate, here! Seriously...how do you teach a 9 mth old baby to be gentle???? Yesterday, his teacher made a comment about it, she said "eventhough Lucas is the smallest kid in his class, he can bit bigger kids up!". She also told me at least I don't have to worry for him to defend him self. I guess I take that as a compliment ?!?
Still! This kid need to learn not to hit other kids!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, should we be worried about this?