I had the longest conversation over the phone with my mom last night. It was 2 hours long! For you who don't know, my whole family still live in Indonesia. So, I have to spend at least $20 a month to buy calling card. And last night I used almost all the minutes in my calling card for only one call! It was pretty interesting conversation, otherwise it won't last that long. Trust me...I can't even stand talking to her for 30 minutes. We were talking about baby's stuff, pregnancy and some new gossips :) And the most interesting part is about my mom who actually start browsing on internet. Okay.... let me tell you a little bit about my mom and computer.... She almost never use a computer in her life, in fact I'm not sure if she can even start the computer and now she went into my blog??? She said my sister showed her how to log in into the computer, get into internet and surf into websites. I was pretty shocked! As stubborn as my mom, I never thought that she will let anybody tell her or teach her how to use a computer. I always tell my mom that she still live in the dark age when people still write letter to each other. But, that wasn't the only thing that surprised me, she told me that she also bought a webcam....okay, knowing that my mom start surfing on internet is already blow my mind, but my mom and webcam....seriously?!? This is crazy!!! My mom told me that the reason she bought it so that she can watch her grandson growing up. She also want to see how my belly grows and of course to see Baby Campbell when he gets here....
I can't stop thinking how this baby can change my mom attitude and he's not even here yet, can you imagine what he can do to my mom when he's here...hmmm...
Anyway, before I can get a webcam....I thought I can post my updated belly picture. So, here you go mom, my 27 weeks pregnant belly....
Saturday, October 13, 2007
This one is for you mom...
Posted by
Imelda
at
7:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha! You won't BELIEVE how much a baby can change your relationship with your parents! (especially if it wasn't always a wonderful relationship!)
Hmm, actually when I was still in Jkt, your mom sometimes called me just to ask how to operate a computer, how to get connected with internet, where to buy webcam, how to use them, and so on.. She said that she missed you soo much and she wanted to see you, not only to hear you voice.. I was so touched!
I tought it's good, bcos not every parents want to learn about technology.. Also my parents now have their own email add and they know how to chat using YM! heueuhe..
Well, at least it costs me less then, because I only need to pay the internet and I don't have to call them as often as I used to!
Post a Comment