Monday, July 2, 2007

Day Care

We took a day off today to drive around, touring some day cares. We went to four day cares and so far, the first one on our list is The Hand in Hand day care located in NLR (N. Poplar St). We really like that place. The teachers are very friendly. The place is very clean, in fact, you have to wear sleepers that they provide to go in to the class rooms area. They have camera in every class rooms and they give special password to every parents to log in. So that they can monitor their kids from work. I think that's a smart idea. The other good thing is that they don't have TV in their class rooms. Titus has been really picky about kids watching TV lately. I don't know why, but he's pretty happy about it. They have plenty activities to keep the kids entertain.They also so far has the lowest teacher / student ratio. One teacher only handle 4 babies. Where to the other places that we looked at, one teacher handles 6 babies. So, we put our name on the waiting list!
The second place on our list is the Child Development Center in Downtown. They also have friendly staff, clean area, and 2 big playgrounds. But, the downside is they don't have camera in class rooms and teacher / student ratio is 1:6. But, a lot of people at work are really pleased with this place. Also, they have the longest waiting list. The next opening is Aug 2008!
Anyway... we're glad that we got this day care issue taking care of. At least we're on the list!

4 comments:

Amy said...

KidCo is apparently good, too- Val and Nick send Brandon there.

If all else fails, tell Titus to spring for the live-in nanny/housekeeper.

How is my computer repair coming along???

Amy said...

We need more news!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I'll take any leads I can get right now. We live in Maumelle so I'll have to check out the Kids Academy for sure. That's neat that we're both 14 weeks pregnant. We'll have to share stories. I would like to share my Dr. Guard story with you. Email me sometime... darladowney@hotmail.com. It's a story I think you should hear.

roaches said...

Did you know that the Arkansas Department of health has a number as well as a website that does MOST of the leg work for you???? It not only tells you if they passed inspection but you can also sort them by location, price and ratio (children vs teachers in the classroom). I used it when I was pregnant.